Education provides the vision, motivation and facilitation for the young graduate towards lifestyles that ensure their happiness and prosperity. There is a growing demand for introducing suitable Value Education inputs for UG and PG students in Universities / Institutions of Professional & Higher Education.
This has created an urgent need for preparing faculty members who understand, live and can bring Value Education inputs to the students in an effective manner in the present educational system.
Many students who have had access to Value Education are motivated by the holistic vision outlined in their course. It has now become imperative to facilitate such students to further develop the competence to begin to actualize the holistic vision in their life and in the process, work toward a humane society.
This calls for starting suitable post graduate programmes to prepare competent teachers for this purpose along with enabling R&D towards creating appropriate resource material as well as models for integrating Value Education in the overall educational curricula.
This programme is specifically targeted towards preparing teachers in general. It will be of interest to faculty members already teaching Human Values who are committed to deep study of the subject. In addition, it will be useful to any person voluntarily desirous of acquiring a vision for a humane society based on a sound understanding of Universal Human Values & Ethics, particularly policy makers and parents.
With Human Values becoming an increasingly significant area of study internationally as also within India, PTU can take a lead in preparing resource persons by offering this diploma.
Eligibility Criteria for UHVE (1 Year PG Diploma):
- Graduate in any professional field (usually 4 year degree) or equivalent. E.g. BE/B. Tech./MCA/MBA/Mass Communication/B. Ed/BAMS/MBBS.
- Faculty members already teaching Universal Human Values & Ethics who are committed to deep study of the subject and who intend to continue teaching Universal Human Values & Ethics after the program would be given priority.
- From India or from outside India.
- Commitment for independent, hands-on research in Universal Human Values Concern for society.
- Proficiency in English (course is taught in English). Proficiency in Punjabi and Hindi are desirable.
Institution which are offering this course : IKG - PTU
Click here to know more about the course (Course Structure, Syllabus)