What this workshop is ?
The workshop deals with what is of value, or what is valuable to a human being and can be also called value education. This subject focuses on what a human being is, what is purposeful and meaningful for him- what is the aim of human being and his life and how she can meet this aim, this purpose. This elaborates on what role he has to play as responsible human being at the level of individual, family, society and nature. With this clarity, she is able to see the meaning in life, purpose in life and is committed to fulfil that meaning, that purpose. This clarity and the satisfaction obtained out of the fulfilment of this purpose, gives him a feeling of self confidence.
This workshop proposes the guidelines. There is a possibility of understanding the situation, developing a vision for the future and following through with responsibility & commitment - from this a totally different human order is possible - one which leads to continuity of happiness and prosperity - for all.
Effective and widely acceptable guidelines for value education have been drawn up to help decide what would qualify as a course on value education:
a) Universal - Whatever is studied as value education needs to be universally applicable to all human beings and be true at all times and all places. In addition, it should not depend on sect, creed, nationality and gender etc. So it deals with universal human values.
b) Rational - It has to be amenable to reasoning and not based on dogmas or blind beliefs. It cannot be a set of sermons or Do's and Don'ts.
c) Natural and Verifiable - We want to study something that is natural to us. Being natural means, it has to be acceptable in a natural manner. When we live on the basis of such values that are natural to us, it leads to fulfilment i.e. it leads to our happiness, it is conducive to other people we interact with, and the interaction with nature is mutually enriching. We also want to verify these values ourselves, i.e. we don't want to assume something just because something is stated, rather, each one of us will want to verify these to find out whether they are true for us. This can be done by both checking for validity within ourselves, as well as something which we can implement in our living and observe its outcome.
d)All encompassing - Value education is not merely an academic exercise. It is aimed at transforming our consciousness and living. Hence, it has to permeate into all dimensions of our living, namely, thought, behaviour, work and understanding/realization as well as all levels namely individual, family, society and nature.
e)Leading to harmony - Finally, value education has to enable us to be in harmony within and in harmony with others. Hence, when we live on the basis of these values, we start understanding that it will lead to harmony in us and harmony in our interactions with other humans and the rest of nature. That is it leads to human conduct.
The workshop is conducted as a dialog, free from any value prescriptions or do's and don'ts. Proposals about universal principles of life are placed for evaluation and discussion at one's own right. Individuals from 3 years onwards can and have attended the workshop.
What this workshop is NOT ?
- It is not a course in moral science. It does not tell you Do's and Don'. It does not tell you what you should become, or what you should do.
- It does not talk about rewards and punishments in an afterworld. The goal is happiness here and now. It puts forward the proposition that the basic human values are inherent and intact in all of us, what is needed is to be aware of them.
- It does not say physical facilities are unimportant. It rather talks of prosperity in every family. It says that there is place for facilities in life and encourages people to fix their place in their own life.
- It is not an organization or society. It does not insist on any specific faith or any specific belie.
- It only proposes and asks its listeners to investigate and explore into their own inner self and connect to what is innate and intact in all of them as something which is universal, natural and all-fulfilling for them as well as others.